Van Gogh House is committed to maximising access for everyone. We aim to continually improve as resources permit, offering a rich cultural programme to diverse audiences.
- Van Gogh House is a Grade II listed Georgian house with steep stairs and narrow passageways that unfortunately are not fully accessible to all visitors.
- The space is small, so we ask that visitors do not come with large bags or are prepared to leave bags in a safe space on the ground floor of the house.
- Many of the floors are made of original timbers, so we do not permit high heels in the house.
- Due to the nature of our historic building, we regret that step-free access is not possible.
- There are two steps to access the ground floor (including the toilet). The rest of the house is located up a steep, narrow staircase.
- If you need assistance at any point during your visit, please ask a member of staff. We are more than willing to help!
- We regret that we do not have an accessible toilet at present.
- A gender-neutral toilet is available to visitors on the ground floor of the building.
- Guide and other assistance dogs are welcome.
- Large-print handouts are available for all exhibition literature. Please ask a member of staff.
If you have any particular access requirements or queries, please do not hesitate to contact us via email us at email@example.com
We welcome babes in arms. There is no age restriction but in the interests of health and safety we ask that children under 12 are accompanied by an adults. Unfortunately, there are no baby changing facilities on site. Prams and buggies will need to be left in the front room of the building as the often don’t fit through the hallway!
We are committed to improving access to the rich history of 87 Hackford Road as well as our programme of artistic and cultural events. A virtual tour is available to those who cannot visit, and the majority of our events can be accessed as a live stream or recording.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions.
We welcome feedback on ways we could improve access to Van Gogh House, including our building, website, and artistic programme. Please get in touch via email at email@example.com