Tour Booking Is Now Live!
We are pleased to announce that we are launching timed entry tours of 87 Hackford Road, the house where Vincent van Gogh lived from 1873 to 1874.
Visitors will have a chance to learn about 87 Hackford Road and its most famous tenant through a guided tour of the surrounding area and the house itself. The tours will be an opportunity to gain insight into the house's future as a site for artist residencies and to view artefacts uncovered during the recent renovation and conservation of the house, providing a glimpse into the stories hidden within the walls...
For July, we have a special promotion and are offering our timed entry tours at a reduced price of £9.50! Enter “ JulyAug9.50” at checkout when you book a tour taking place in July.
• The tour begins with a 15 minute guided walk so please come prepared with appropriate footwear and wet weather gear.
• The tours will accommodate up to 8 people and will start from San Mei Gallery, our contemporary art space and café at 39a Loughborough Road SW9 7TB near Brixton and Stockwell Stations, with a 15-20 minute guided walk to 87 Hackford Road for a tour of the house. The whole tour will take around 1 hour and 15 minutes.
• Parking around the gallery is limited, so we ask visitors to keep this in mind if arriving by car.
• The space is small so we ask that visitors do not come with large bags or back packs (these can be safely left at San Mei Gallery).
• The house is a Grade II private residence with numerous stairs and narrow passageways, and we regret that wheelchair or step free access is not possible.
• Many of the floors are made of original timbers so we do not permit high heels in the house.
• Finally, although there is no age restriction on the tours, they are unsuitable for young children due to the historic nature of the house and artwork displayed within. We ask that all children under 16 are accompanied by an adult.
• For further information, please contact email@example.com